Spring is in the air and your family may be busy with baseball games, vacation plans or outdoor spring projects. Make one simple call to San Diego ProHandyman today, and finish your spring to-do list the easy way!
With the change of seasons, it’s a perfect time to turn your attention to the outside of your home. An attractive exterior can put a smile on your face and increase your everyday pleasure. Here are a few simple tips from the San Diego ProHandyman blog that will help you enhance that all-important curb appeal:
– Exterior Doors: As the entryway to your home, nothing is more inviting than a new or updated front door. Now’s the time.
– Patio Decks: Get your deck in shape so you can make use of it throughout the spring and into summer.
– Gutters and Downspouts: A bent or clogged gutter or a rusty downspout can quickly detract from other beautiful features of your home. It’s time to repair or replace.
Spring Maintenance Checklist Preventive maintenance is the best investment you can make in your home. Tasks such as gutter cleaning and replacing furnace filters need to be done on a regular basis. Other items like wood rot or cracked window caulking need to be inspected periodically so that minor problems are caught before they turn into major projects. Below is a quick spring maintenance checklist that you can do yourself, or call you favorite home repair contractor.
– Gutters – Inspect for damage and make sure they are clear of debris
– Clean dryer vents
– Replace or clean furnace filters
– Clean exterior doors – Use a mild soap and water
– Inspect decks for rot or structural issues
– Pressure wash decks, walkways, patios and driveways
– Check window screens for tears
– Check to see that screens on sliding glass doors open and close properly
– Check and replace smoke detector batteries if you haven’t done so this year
– Remove insulation from outdoor faucets
The experienced technicians at San Diego ProHandyman have the expertise to repair many types of exterior structures that may have been damaged during the winter. From wood rot repair to patching or replacing broken screens to fixing broken gates or handling those paint touch-ups, our expert techs can complete a variety of projects in one visit.